How often should I read with my child?

We recommend that you read with your child for 10-15 minutes every day.  In order for them to develop an understanding of how stories are told they should regularly have stories read to them.  However we do recommend, in order to support your child in their rapid reading development, that your child reads widely and often.  Your daily reading activity could vary between you reading a story to them and them reading to you.  Within EYFS and KS1 we do provide weekly opportunities for you to enjoy a book with your child in school.reading Together in KS1

What do I do if I have a concern about my child’s learning or behaviour?

If you have any concerns regarding your child’s learning contact their class teacher in the first

Instance for a discussion. Either telephone the school office on 0191 433 5618 and choose option 3 or you will normally see their teacher on the school yard at home time.

If you feel your query is not resolved or you want to talk to a leadership team member. Contact Mr Park for Year 5 and 6; Mrs Leach or Mrs Miller for Year 3 and 4; Mrs Moffat for Year 1 ,2 and either Miss Moss or Mrs Armstrong Mrs Hutton for Foundation Stage.

Should you still have an issue you may then speak to the Deputy Head – Mrs McDermid or Headteacher, Mrs Bailey and then the Chair of Governors, Lesley Bowden if your query is still not resolved.

What do I do if I have a concern which is not related to teaching and learning?

If your query is not related to learning and teaching then please contact Mrs Wilson in the first Instance on 0191 433 4014 who will advise and help with your queries.

Please remember there is a lot of information on our school website : and you can contact us on 0191 433 5618

Our postal address is Park Lane , Winlaton, Blaydon on Tyne, Tyne and Wear, NE21 6LT

Is my child entitled to free school meals?

Your child may be able to get free school meals if you get any of the following:

  • Income Support
  • Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
  • Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
  • Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999 the guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
  • Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
  • Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
  • Universal Credit

Children who get any of the above benefits in their own right (ie they get benefits payments directly, instead of through a parent or guardian) can also get free school meals.

What do I do if I think my child may be entitled to free school meals?

If you think your child may be entitled to free meals please contact us at school or call the Council’s Benefits Team on 0191 433 3729.