Communicating with school

In order to make sure your children’s time with us as productive and positive as possible we know that good communication between home and school is essential. In order to ensure communication is effective and suits everyone’s needs we have enclosed below information about the different methods of communication we use.


Email as our primary communication tool for sending letters and information home. Please can you supply the office with an up-to-date e-mail address if we don’t already have one. Any parents who do not have access to email are provided with a paper copy of letters and information, however we would very much encourage you to sign up for email if you are able as it is the most secure and efficient method of communicating. You can email us at or you can click on the ‘Contact us’ link on the website.


We aim to always text short reminders or short important and urgent announcements/information to parents by text as well as email. Our text messaging number is: 01915800385 if you want to text us. If you change your mobile telephone number, please let the school office know straight away. It is vital for emergencies to have up to date contact details.


This year we will be producing a weekly newsletter to keep parents informed about school life. This will be emailed to parents. Those parents who do have not registered an email address will get a paper copy via their child.

Marvellous Me!

Marvellous Me! is an excellent way for you to find out what your children are learning about each week in school. Currently about 90% of our children have at least one parent signed up for it and we would love the other 10% to get involved. If you are not signed up to Marvellous Me! please speak to Mrs Hawthorn who will pass the information onto you. Remember a child can have more than one adult signed up to receive messages.

Twitter and Facebook

We post regular photographs about the children’s learning, events in school and educational visits on Twitter and Facebook Our school Twitter account is @parkhead and the feed can also be viewed on our website .

 Who to speak to?

We understand the importance of face to face conversations and we have the following options open to parents to try and make communication as simple as possible.

Support staff/Teaching Assistants on door in morning

In the morning, teachers are responsible for classes and we want to make sure that the children’s start to the day is as calm and positive as possible. To ensure that simple messages and notes for school from parents, get passed to the correct staff, we have support staff on each door in the morning. Any messages they receive are then passed on to class teachers, the school office or members of the leadership team. If you feel that you would like to speak to the class teacher directly this will be passed on and an appointment arranged. If the matter is urgent, please come to the school office where we can arrange for you to speak to someone.

The school office

Mrs Hawthorn is the main point of contact in the school office. The office is situated at the front of the Key Stage 2 building. Mrs Lane is also available during the morning to assist. The office staff can help you with our lunch shop system, payments, uniform, consent forms, medical forms and general school enquiries. Mrs Hawthorn will be able to make an appointment for you with the class teacher or another member of staff if required.

Class teacher

Your first port of call with any queries, concerns or information that might be having an impact on your child would be the class teacher. They will be happy to make an appointment to speak to you if you have any worries or concerns. We find that most issues can be resolved after discussion with the class teacher. If your child has two teachers during the week any messages will be passed on to all the relevant staff.

Key Stage Leaders

If you feel that after speaking to the teacher, you wish to speak to someone else please arrange an appointment to speak to the Key Stage leaders.

  • Mrs. Moffatt/Mrs Hutton – Early Years
  • Mrs. Leach – Y1 and Y2
  • Mrs Miller– Y3 and Y4
  • Mr. Bee – Y5 and Y6


If your child has any special educational needs which you would like to discuss, Mrs Black our SENDCo can be contacted through the main office.

Head teacher and Deputy Head Teacher

If you wish to speak to either myself or Mrs. Leach we will be more than happy to meet with you. Please contact us through the school office. We will endeavour to contact you or meet with you as soon as possible.

We are always open to hearing your suggestions. If you have any ideas or feedback on ways to further improve our communication, please let us know.