At Parkhead, we believe that Early Years education should be as practical as possible and therefore, we are proud that our EYFS setting has an underlying ethos of ‘Learning through play’.
PLAY is essential for children’s development across all areas. Play builds on children’s confidence as they learn to explore, to relate to others around them and develop relationships, set their own goals and solve problems. Children learn by leading their own play and by taking part in play which is guided by adults.
Our Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) is made up of a 39 place (FTE) Nursery class and two form entry Reception classes.
We aim to:
• support children to make a planned, confident transition from home to school
• provide a happy, caring, safe and secure environment for learning
• plan learning experiences that meet the individual needs and interests of the children through a balanced provision of adult led and child initiated opportunities
• support children to become competent and confident learners so they are able to reach their full potential
• provide a broad and balanced high quality curriculum in line with the Early Years Foundation Stage guidance.
• foster positive home school links with parents and other care providers.
We follow The Early Years Foundation Stage Statutory Framework 2021. This framework is a means of ensuring high standards of early education and care that will reassure parents that their child’s development is being fully supported. It underpins all future learning by supporting and fostering the children’s personal, social and emotional wellbeing. It encourages positive attitudes and dispositions towards learning in children and promotes learning through play.