The school lunch service at Parkhead is provided by Orian Solutions.
School meals are prepared on site from fresh, locally sourced ingredients. Our kitchen staff offer a choice of three main courses per day as well as a selection of desserts. The food served meets the Government's healthy eating standards and we cater for dietary requirements.
We have a two week rolling menu which is changed each term to make best use of seasonal produce.
Parents can choose their child's lunch with them from home by logging on to our online booking and payment system 'Lunchshop'. You will be provided with login details when your child is enrolled at Parkhead.
School meals are charged at £2.40 per day unless your child meets the criteria for free of charge meals as outlined below:
Universal Free School Meals
If your child is in Reception, Year 1 or Year 2, your child will automatically be entitled to school meals free of charge through the Governments Universal Free School Meals Incentive. You do not need to apply for this.
Means Benefit Tested Free School Meals
Even if you are having financial difficulties you shouldn't have to worry about your child getting the nourishment they need to grow strong and healthy. Did you know:
- you can claim free school meals if you receive child benefit and any of the other eligible benefits.
- your child's school will also get extra funding if you apply
- it could save you just under £400 a year
- the menu is varied to cater for all tastes and uses quality ingredients from local suppliers - meals can be provided either at your child`s school, in take away format or by voucher. If you are eligible please check with the school.
- it's quick and easy to apply - you can even do this over the phone
- you don't need to provide any evidence
- no one will know your child is getting free school meals on the basis of your income.
To check your eligibility and sign up, please click here.
Free School Meals Team
Tel: 0191 433 3729