Ofsted and Performance Data
Parkhead Community Primary School is a 'GOOD' School.
What did Ofsted say about our school in our last report dated March 2018?
- ‘good quality of teaching and learning identified at the time of the last inspection is being maintained and built on. ‘
- ‘All pupils understand the well-established behaviour management system, which is applied consistently by all staff.’
- ‘Pupils’ movement around the school is calm and orderly. They demonstrate good manners, by holding doors open for peers and adults, and their behaviour in classrooms is exemplary. ‘
- ‘Playtimes are lively and energetic with lots for pupils to do. ‘
- ‘The library bus provides a haven for those pupils who prefer a quieter experience. ‘
- ‘Pupils have a clear understanding of right and wrong and know the importance of being considerate and tolerant of others.’
- ‘Pupils said that they feel safe in school and can explain how to keep themselves safe when they are away from school, particularly when using the internet.’
- ‘Phonics teaching is a strong feature of practice.’
- ‘staff morale is high, and outcomes from the staff survey show that all staff are proud to be members of the staff team.